A good mattress should accompany the natural curvature of the spine and support all areas of the body. The sleep number adjustable bed with steel springs is comfortable and adapt to the pressure exerted by both heavy and light individuals.
Although the firmness of the mattress is a matter of personal taste, a heavier body usually needs a harder mattress to ensure better support.
- If the mattress is too rigid, the body does not come into full contact with it.
- It gives less support to some parts of the body, but improves ventilation.
- If the mattress is too soft, there is a tendency for the body to sink, increasing the sensation of heat due to poor ventilation.
- It is important that your mattress properly support the body, allowing recovery at night.
Anyone who suffers from back pain should opt for a mattress that is not too hard (it does not allow for good relaxation), nor too soft (accentuates the pain). If there is a significant difference in weight compared to your partner, opt for a system of two bases and individual mattresses. Thus, the unevenness that occurs with a single mattress can be avoided and comfort is greater.
The heavier you should be with the harder mattress. The mattresses can be joined with a single sheet-cover.
Ideal mattress respects the curvature of the column
Lying sideways, the spine should remain in a straight line and the shoulders and hips sag slightly.
On a mattress too soft, the body tends to sink.
Contrary to what one might think, a very stiff mattress is not ideal for the back.
Replace after 10 years
- After 8 to 10 years, the mattress should be replaced due to loss of firmness and, above all, height.
- But with some care it can last longer.
- Just give the bed, daily, some time to air, even in the winter, and allow the moisture to come out.
Very important: regularly turn the mattress from top to bottom and from the headboard to the feet – to avoid creating areas and permanent deformation. A candle, an incense stick, or a cigarette can give rise to the worst.Make sure, therefore, that the outer layers of the mattress are made of anti flammable materials or have self-extinguishing characteristics of the fire.